Friday, January 7, 2011

ALONE

© Gloria Smith 2010

Timber wolves are loose in the night streams

Silver, satin sheets of rushing water

I wander through the light of remembrance

I am young once more

The light of love flickers 

Like candles in the sacred cathedral of my soul

Lost in your presence I am whole

I hold you in the sanctuary of that secret place 

Golden glimmers of sunlight play in your hair

While passion's fire glows red hot in your eyes

The flames lick up my pleading sighs

I am forever

Your honey kisses drip onto my lips

Too sweet for the honey suckle vines

Our bodies entwine in a Lovers embrace 

Entranced I gaze upon the face I love

Bewitched by love -- captured by your smile

Aglow with a rainbow of emotion

You are my pillow of dreams in the night

I lay my weary head to rest on the cool softness

Of yesterday and weep for the morning

When I must make another day my own

Alone

A Sparrow serenades me into the harsh light of morn

I lay quiet and still; daring not to move

Lest the day wake me

Take me into the unknown

The sands of time rest not in their relentless flow

They carry me where I do not wish to go

No comments:

Post a Comment