Friday, January 7, 2011

LONELINESS

© Gloria Smith 2010

Loneliness haunts my weary mind

It lurks in corners of the room

It hides in the darkness and shadows of the night

I resist

Resting in reverie in the Valley of Dreams and Desire

It scurries cross the floor

In and out the doors, down the hall

It waits by my bed. 

I do not fear the solitude but this loneliness I dread

I think myself awake and it takes me

It whispers low... beneath a whisper

One I alone can know

I resist

If you are my only Friend I say

Why do you make me sigh

Make me cry before the morning's light

Shall you tell your lies once more

Yes, you frighten me ghost of the night

Creature of the past, born of sorrow and pain

How could you not cause it once again

I will stand in the spring shower

Stand and feel it on my upturned face

Drink it in like a heady concoction of life and beauty

And I will become one with the sun

Until it fills me with its warmth and power

And in that hour I will be whole again

No comments:

Post a Comment