Friday, January 7, 2011

SPRING FLING

© Gloria Smith 2010

Sing me into Spring...

Dream me into the day

And dance me into the night

I'll sway in your arms

Rest my head against your chest

Listening to the heartbeat of Spring

Kiss me 'til my heart takes wing

Bring me Springtime flowers

In bouquets of fragrant sighs

While bird songs thrill my soul

As hand in hand we stroll

And soft breezes caress my hair

My spirit knows no care

Gentle finger tips find their way

I do not resist their playfulness

I'll bring you sunshine in the morning

And moonshine in the night

Cotton candy kisses love

And afternoon delight

You'll whisper in my ear

Sugar baby honey child

My little Angel sweetie

My little Angel wild

Spellbound in your embrace

I drink in your eyes, your skin, your face...

Hold me ever in your heart

Sweet treasure of my soul

I have no self control

You smile at me across the miles

In pictures oh so still

I cannot hold you...

Cannot feel the warmth

Of your breath against my ear

I wander through your eyes

Searching to find myself hidden there

My heart sighs

In dreams of you

I run barefoot in the grass

Wet dew washes my toes

My head is on your shoulder

The scent of Lilacs in my hair

Your heart already knows

But does it dare my love?

Does it yearn enough to learn

How to love an Angel in despair?

No comments:

Post a Comment