Friday, January 7, 2011

TIME

© Gloria Smith 2010

❅ ❄ ❆ It's snowing... ♪ ♫ It's pouring... ♩ ♬ My old man is snoring... and I am adoring the snow freeze of old man Winter... I wish to sleep but I tire of dreaming. I tire of scheming. I only wish for the reality of yesterday to fill tomorrow with your arms. Awake -- adore me once again and do not ignore my yearnings for tomorrow becomes yesterday as seconds past, and life drains from life and is no more. Catch the wind and tame the night while you can. Dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return. Run quickly -- lest time find you napping and carry you away from me...

Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.
~William Shakespeare, Macbeth


No comments:

Post a Comment