Friday, January 7, 2011

MEMORIES

© Gloria Smith 2010

Such a lovely, crisp fall night
Moonlight falls as bright as lightning
Twinkling stars offer their distant light
I send you the wild dark wind
To whisk your worries away
And bribe tomorrow for a sunshiny day
Oh lay your head upon my breast
I'll pray the Lord to grant you rest
The Earth is spinning round and round
Lay your heavy burdens down
For it is night and night's for dreaming
Rest from scheming; stars are gleaming
Wispy clouds drift by in a moonstruck sky
While you lie safe and warm by my side
Rocked to sleep by the beat of my heart  
A Lover's kiss lights upon your forehead
Like a butterfly gently brushing by 
I'm dreaming too and wishing that you
Were near my dear; not far away
As ancient stars wink in the dark sky
I dream in the night of days long past
My heart remembers lips warm & tender
My surrender; passions flame still burns
I yearn to feel alive again and until then
I dream while the pale moon beams
Her light upon my weary lovelorn soul

Glo

No comments:

Post a Comment